ભારત એ એશિયા ખંડનો દેશ છે. તે વિશ્વમાં સૌથી વધુ વસ્તીમાં બીજો અને સૌથી મોટા ક્ષેત્રફળમાં સાતમો ક્રમાંક ધરાવતો દેશ છે.
- યુનાનો-મિસ્રો-રોમ સબ મીટ ગયે જહાં સે, અબ તક મગર હૈ બાકી નામો નિશાન હમારા, કુછ બાત હૈ કે હસ્તિ મિટ્ટી નહીં હમારી, સદિયોં રહા હૈ દુશ્મન દોરે ઝમાં હમારા. - મુહંમદ ઇકબાલ (Muhammad Iqbal), ભારતીય કવિ, તત્વચિંતક અને રાજકારણી.
- આપણે ભારતીયો પાસેથી ઘણું મેળવ્યું છે, તેમણે આપણને ગણતા (how to count) શિખવ્યું, જેના વગર કોઇ સાર્થક વૈજ્ઞાનિક શોધ સંભવ નહોતી.
~ આલ્બર્ટ આઇનસ્ટાઇન (આલ્બર્ટ આઇનસ્ટાઇન) (જર્મન ભૌતિકશાસ્ત્રી)
- ભારત પાસે ૨૦ લાખ (two million) ઇશ્વરો છે, અને તેઓ તે સૌની આરાધના કરે છે. ધર્મનાં મામલે અન્ય બધાં દેશો દરિદ્ર છે;ભારત એકજ લક્ષાધિપતિ છે.
~ માર્ક ટ્વેન (Mark Twain) (Following the Equator)
- ભારત,માનવજાતનું પારણું છે, માનવ સંભાષણનું જન્મસ્થાન છે, ઈતિહાસની જનની છે, દંતકથાઓ (legend)ની દાદી છે, અને પરંપરાઓની પરદાદી છે. આપણા માનવ ઈતિહાસની સામગ્રીનો સૌથી મુલ્યવાન અને સૌથી શિક્ષાપ્રદ ખજાનો ફક્ત ભારતમાંજ છે.
- જ્યાં સુધી હું નિર્ણય કરી શકું છું, કશુંજ પૂર્વવત છોડેલું નથી, માણસ કે કુદરત દ્વારા, ભારતને સૌથી અસાધારણ દેશ બનાવવામાં કે જેની સુર્ય પોતાનાં પરીભ્રમણો દરમિયાન મુલાકાત લે છે. લાગે છે કશુંજ ભુલાયું નથી, અણદેખ્યું કરાયું નથી.
- The age in which true history appeared in India was one of great intellectual and spiritual ferment. Mystics and sophists of all kinds roamed through the Ganga Valley, all advocating some form of mental discipline and asceticism as a means to salvation; but the age of the બુદ્ધ, when many of the best minds were abandoning their homes and professions for a life of asceticism, was also a time of advance in commerce and politics. It produced not only philosophers and ascetics, but also merchant princes and men of action.
-Indologist A.L. Basham in (The Wonder that was India)
- If I were asked under what sky the human mind has most fully developed some of its choicest gifts, has most deeply pondered on the greatest problems of life, and has found solutions, I should point to India.
~ Max Mueller (German scholar)
- You'd have to be brain dead to live in India and not be affected by Hinduism. It's not like Christianity in America, where you feel it only on Sunday mornings … if you go to church at all. Hinduism is an on-going daily procedure. You live it, you breathe it.” “Hinduism has a playful aspect which I've not experienced in any other religion. Its not so righteous or sober as is Christianity, nor is it puritanical. That's one of the reasons I enjoy India. I wake up in the morning, and I'm very content.
-Marcus Leatherdale (Canadian photographer)
- India – The land of Vedas, the remarkable works contain not only religious ideas for a perfect life, but also facts which science has proved true. Electricity, radium, electronics, airship, all were known to the seers who founded the Vedas.
-Wheeler Wilcox (American poet)
- After the conversations about Indian philosophy, some of the ideas of Quantum Physics that had seemed so crazy suddenly made much more sense.
- W. Heisenberg (German Physicist)
- The Indian way of life provides the vision of the natural, real way of life. We veil ourselves with unnatural masks. On the face of India are the tender expressions which carry the mark of the Creator's hand.
- George Bernard Shaw (Irish playwrite)
- India is one of the fastest growing economies in the world. While the world sleeps a dynamic and a pulsating India is emerging. Its time to fly India. ~ Bhavin Rawal,London)
- India is probably the best country in the world, both scenic and peaceful, it truly is god's country. ~ Kobe Bryant
- If there is one place on the face of earth where all the dreams of living men have found a home from the very earliest days when man began the dream of existence, it is India. ~ Romain Rolland (French Nobel Laureate)
- India conquered and dominated China culturally for 20 centuries without ever having to send a single soldier across her border. ~ Hu Shih (Chinese ambassador to the US)
- It will no longer remain to be doubted that the priests of Egypt and the sages of Greece have drawn directly from the original well of India, that it is to the banks of the Ganges and the Indus that our hearts feel drawn as by some hidden urge.
-Friedrich Mejer (English statesman)
- A kind of India happens everywhere, that's the truth too; everywhere is terrible and wonder-filled and overwhelming if you open your sense to the actual pulsating beat.
- Salman Rushdie (Indian novelist)
- In India I found a race of mortals living upon the Earth. but not adhering to it. Inhabiting cities, but not being fixed to them, possessing everything but possessed by nothing.
- Apollonius Tyanaeus ( Greek Thinker and Traveler)
- There are some parts of the world that, once visited, get into your heart and won’t go. For me, India is such a place. When I first visited, I was stunned by the richness of the land, by its lush beauty and exotic architecture, by its ability to overload the senses with the pure, concentrated intensity of its colors, smells, tastes, and sounds. It was as if all my life I had been seeing the world in black and white and, when brought face-to-face with India, experienced everything re-rendered in brilliant technicolor.
- Keith Bellows (Vice-President, National Geographic Society)
- The Portuguese, Dutch and English have been for a long time year after year, shipping home the treasures of India in their big vessels. We Germans have been all along been left to watch it. Germany would do likewise, but hers would be treasures of spiritual knowledge.
- Henrich Heine (German poet)
- The Indian way of life provides the vision of the natural, real way of life. We veil ourselves with unnatural masks. On the face of India are the tender expressions which carry the mark of the Creators hand.
-George Bernard Shaw (Irish playwrite)
- With one foot grounded in time-honored traditions and the other fervently striding into the entrepreneurial e-age, India embraces diversity passionately as few other countries on earth could.
- Lonely Planet (Travel guide book)
- India was the motherland of our race, and Sanskrit the mother of Europe's languages: she was the mother of our philosophy; mother, through the Arabs, of much of our mathematics; mother, through the Buddha, of the ideals embodied in Christianity; mother, through the village community, of self-government and democracy. Mother India is in many ways the mother of us all. ~ Will Durant(The Case for India ) (1931)
- India will teach us the tolerance and gentleness of mature mind, understanding spirit and a unifying, pacifying love for all human beings. ~ Will Durant
- There are some parts of the world that, once visited, get into your heart and won’t go. For me, India is such a place. When I first visited, I was stunned by the richness of the land, by its lush beauty and exotic architecture, by its ability to overload the senses with the pure, concentrated intensity of its colors, smells, tastes, and sounds. It was as if all my life I had been seeing the world in black and white and, when brought face-to-face with India, experienced everything re-rendered in brilliant technicolor. ~ Keith Bellows (photographer and vice president of National Geographic Society)
- It is impossible not to be astonished by India. Nowhere on Earth does humanity present itself in such a dizzying, creative burst of cultures and religions, races and tongues. Enriched by successive waves of migration and marauders from distant lands, every one of them left an indelible imprint which was absorbed into the Indian way of life. Every aspect of the country presents itself on a massive, exaggerated scale, worthy in comparison only to the superlative mountains that overshadow it. It is this variety which provides a breathtaking ensemble for experiences that is uniquely Indian. Perhaps the only thing more difficult than to be indifferent to India would be to describe or understand India completely. There are perhaps very few nations in the world with the enormous variety that India has to offer. Modern day India represents the largest democracy in the world with a seamless picture of unity in diversity unparalleled anywhere else. ~ A Rough Guide to India (a travel book )
- Ancient civilizations of Greece, Egypt and Rome have all disappeared from this world, but the elements of our civilization still continue. Although world-events have been inimical to us for centuries, there is something in our civilization which has withstood these onslaughts.- Allama Iqbal (1873-1938)
- Lord Ram is the Imam of Hindustan (India).- Allama Iqbal (1873-1938)
- Greeks, Scythians, Parthians, Kushans, Huns, Arabs, Mongols, Turks, Muslims, Portuguese, French, English, all went after one civilisation: India and prospered. It lost everything except its soul (spirituality). It will regain its true place in this world and its Sun will rise again. - Aggyatt Manav
- India of ages in not dead' nor has She spoken her last creative word; She lives and still has something to do for herself and the human peoples. - Sri Aurobindo
- India is the guru of the nations, the physician of human soul in its profounder maladies; she is destined once more to new mould the life of the world and restore the peace of the human spirit. - Sri Aurobindo
- No Indian ever went outside his own country on a warlike expedition, so righteous were they - Arrian, Greek historian, philosopher, and statesman during the Roman period
- This also is remarkable in India, that all Indians are free, and no Indian at all is a slave. In this the Indians agree with the Lacedaemonians. Yet the Lacedaemonians have Helots for slaves, who perform the duties of slaves; but the Indians have no slaves at all, much less is any Indian a slave - Arrian, Greek historian, philosopher, and statesman during the Roman period
આ પણ જુઓફેરફાર કરો
- ભારતનું અર્થતંત્ર (Economy of India)
- ભારત પર અવતરણો - ભારત પર અવતરણોનો સંગ્રહ
- ભારતીય રેલ્વે - ભારતીય રેલ્વે પર લેખોનો